Sunday 1 June 2014

Blog spring clean

I seem to be becoming increasingly bad at blogging, this seems to have a direct correlation with becoming increasingly bad at maintaining any kind of routine in my life. Definitely time for this to change!

I have decided to have a blogging spring clean.I have improved the design of my blog title with a bolder, neater header(courtesy of Adobe Illustrators' live paint tool) and have updated the background with a new patterned pineapple and spot combo in keeping with the Spring/Summer 14 tropical theme. As part of this spring clean I have also decided to reformat the way I post on my blog, I need to start having some consistency in my posts and so will follow the below format:

Monday: Make an effort Monday #makeaneffortmonday
This is pretty self explanatory- every Monday I'm going to make an effort to dress nicer at work and try and align my "What I would wear if I could" posts with what I'm actually wearing. As part of this new "Make an effort Monday" I will also spend a bit more time putting together a post of substance..

Tuesday- Tuesday trends #tuesdaytrend
This will be a brief post about anything that seems to be trending in the fashion world each week. From nail varnish and accessories to street style and high street best sellers.

Wednesday- Wednesday wishlist. #wednesdaywishlist #wardrobewishlist I don't want to bite off more than I can chew by committing to a written post every day, so this post will basically be a screenshot of things I've tagged in my wardrobe wishlist board on Pinterest.

Thursday- Throwback thursday #throwbackthursday gonna jump on the throwback Thursday hashtag but with a TextileCandy twist. Each week I'm gonna take a look at an aspect of historical fashion and relate it back to current trends, hows that for a throwback!

Friday- Fridayfeature #fridayfeature 
Ever Friday I will write a feature on an Artist/Designer I have recently come across with links to their work.

Saturday- Saturday Selfie/Selfish Saturday...this will be my day off from actual blogging but I will upload a Saturday selfie showing anything interesting I am doing.

Sunday- The Sunday review #sundayreview 
An overview of my week, what's coming up in the next week and a review of something I have seen, visited etc.

I'm also very aware that I really need to up my game when it comes to social media too so henceforth I will be #hashtagging EVERYTHING!(As you may have noticed in the overenthusiastic hashtagging throughout the above post!)


No comments: