Thursday 19 December 2013

Style post regeneration





I have decided to try and get back into doing daily style posts, I might not manage the daily part but I need to encourage myself to get into some kind of blogging routine!I'm not gonna lie, the main reason I want to start this up again is because I keep seeing amazing clothes that I just can't afford. One day....one day I will be able to shop on impulse!

So for today's outfit I have chosen to go for a casual look that can take you from the office to post work drinks. The loose sequin trousers from Topshop are the item in this outfit that demand the most attention! Comfortable enough to wear around the office but versatile enough to carry you through to post work/ Friday feeling drinks, whats not to love
I have teemed this with a top I found while browsing on Topshop's t-shirt section of their website. I'm a sucker for a loose fitting top and I just love the print combination of this one. It manages to combine feminine Hawaiian style florals with abstract brushstroke stripes- a perfect way to incorporate the painterly trend which was all over the SS14 catwalks into the British high street.
I am definitely keen on buying this top......maybe I will treat myself after work tomorrow!
In terms of accessories I have kept this outfit quite simple with silver midi rings, a silver statement necklace(I always make room for a statement necklace as we all know), an oversized bag and a pair of amazingly comfortable chunky heel gladiator sandal style boots. I think my enthusiasm for these shoes is generated by the fact that, for once, I actually purchased something I posted about on my blog....and now I feel like I have to justify this purchase!


Top £18.00(Topshop), Rings £12.50(Topshop), Shoes £38.00(Topshop), Sequin trousers £85.00(Topshop), Necklace £18.00(Urban Outfitters), Oversized bag £80.00(American Apparel).

So this is what I would wear today if I could....with the New Year coming up and my ensuing promise to tackle the gym looming, with any luck this time next year I will be posting about outfits I have actually purchased and worn to work...Here's hoping!

Despite that rather disheartening start, focussing, once again, on me wanting to live outside of my means, I'm actually extremely happy at the moment! I've just been offered a permanent contract as a print designer for knitwear in a well known fashion supply company in London- finally my future feels a bit more secure both professionally and financially!

In other news, I visited a warehouse in Stratford today to get my Christmas presents printed. I won't say who they're for, as that kind of defeats the point of a surprise, but here are the placement designs for them!Both are hand illustrated, and can be ordered at https://www.facebook.com/atoblondon



No comments: