Friday 7 June 2013

Cosmic folk!

 A perk of my day job is the company's subscription to WGSN. I can see all their latest trend updates and apply them to my freelance work and hopefully, once I get started on them, I can apply this trend research to the designs for the market stall I am so desperate to set up.

One of the recent print/graphics trends on WGSN is cosmic folk: a brightly coloured futuristic combination of tribal, folk and geometrics, whats not to love!




With the festival season drawing near folk-inspired prints are increasing in popularity on the high street. Urban outfitters has a whole range of bags inspired by European folk art and tribal rave designs.


Since my final year project in University I have had a fascination/obsession with eastern European folk art, Polish wycinanki cutouts in particular. So I have been desperate to get my hands on a folk inspired bag, being a penniless design assistant however means I can't afford urban outfitters prices so I trawled through etsy.com trying to find the perfect bag et voila....


This dreamy rucksack also doubles up as a satchel, it's literally the best bag I have ever owned!
I got this bag from littlepurser on etsy, below are some of the other bags from their online etsy shop:


No comments: